Academic and Policy Papers
- "Political Institutions and the Governmental Burden on Businesses," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, published online first May 2018. Joint with Ruiqing Zhong. (working paper)
- "The Candidates in Their Own Words: A Textual Analysis of 2016 Presidential Primary Debates," AEI Economic Perspectives, April 2016. (Media: Real Clear Politics)
- "To What Extent Defining a Group Predicates on Defining Other Groups?" Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences , March 2011. Joint with Y. Stephen Chiu.
- "On the Observational Implications of Knightian Uncertainty," AEI Economics Working Paper No. 2016-17. Joint with Kevin A. Hassett. Under review.
- "Sanctioning an Unruly Ally: Understanding Sino-North Korean Trade through the People’s Daily," AEI Economics Working Paper No. 2017-22. Under review. (Media: The National Interest)
- "Governmental System and Economic Volatility in Democracies," AEI Economics Working Paper No. 2018-06. Joint with Chen Cheng and Christopher Li. Under review.
- "A Theory of the Material Foundation of Psychology: With an Application to the Non-Salience of Economic Classes." Joint with Y. Stephen Chiu.
- "Reading China: Measuring Policy Change with Machine Learning." Joint with Julian T. Chan. In progress.
- "Talking Income Inequality: Parties, Media, and the Public." Joint with Sita Slavov. In progress.